Monday 19 March 2012

Spring has sprung

It is a gorgeous sunny day today and yet it was very cold overnight.

I reckon spring has sprung. Daffodils have been out for weeks, trees are in blossom and there are buds appearing here, there and everywhere. I love it!

I have been full of cold lately but found the energy to plant a few of my seed potatoes and some strawberry seeds. Days like today I love the fact I work shifts as I don't start work until 6pm tonight so have been out enjoying the garden.
Feeling the sun on my skin was lush.
I have to say I am turning into a bit of an impatient gardener. Keep getting disappointed when seeds haven't yet sprung up.
So far my Brussels sprouts have come up, tiny leeks are coming up and some of the flower seeds I planted are coming through. For everything else I guess I just need to be patient.

I read quite a few gardening/allotment blogs now and follow quite a few on twitter. This has lead to me having much more awareness of things I need to consider when planting/growing and also led to me doing a lot of my own research. I don't know loads but I definitely feel I have a lot more of a clue now.
I am so excited for all the lovely fruits and vegetables that I will hopefully get this year.
I have also decided to grow several different varieties of flowers this year to try and encourage insects.
I am also growing sweet peas because my Grandmother always used to grow them and they are beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment