Thursday 20 May 2010

Enthusiasm

I have been bitten by the running bug...well sort of, I haven't been for a run for a while as I have been doing loads of spinning classes instead but now I fancy doing both running and spinning. I need to get back into running. In all honesty even running a mile is a struggle for me.
I decided I would like to do an event around Autumn time so have signed up for this half marathon. And then today the entries for the only half marathon I have ever ran before (I have ran the same one two years in a row)opened so I signed up for that too, I think I may count as a regular at it now!
I am looking forward to the new one as it goes out through countryside and involves hills etc too. I am hoping to get a personal best for it despite it being hilly, I am hoping this time I will actually manage to stick with training. As for the one I've done before I really wouldn't want to miss out on a place so I've signed up!
I am looking forward to both of these challenges. I think it is good to have something to work towards. Lately I have had my holiday as motivation but with it now being 8 days away it is hard to become motivated for that as it seems too late for much of a difference to be made. I am happy with how I look in my bikini but would prefer a smaller tummy.
I am really enjoying exercise at the moment and love to see myself get fitter. I can't wait until my running improves and I can actually run for more than 2 miles without stopping. I actually think that would be a first for me as I have always been a run/walk kind of person.

In other news I had a nice birthday, my rabbit has been sexed as a girl so the name I chose is staying and I'm sorry it's taken me more than 2 weeks to update!

1 comment:

  1. Good for you for signing up for a half marathon! If you can do that, I'm sure you probably could run for more than 2 miles without stopping. I'm like you too. I run faster then need a break to walk. Then run again. I have found that I can do it if I set my mind to it. I just have to dig deep and not run as fast. You can do it!!

    ReplyDelete