Sunday 7 March 2010

Fun times

I have had a good week this week, I went on a mini holiday and then on Friday went out partying.

Tues-Thurs I was staying with a friend in Cardiff, we ate out, we shopped, we ate out again, we gossiped, fun times. Unfortunately my energy levels were a bit low so we didn't manage clubbing or anything but I had a great time anyway :-)

Friday night was a friend from works leaving do. We went out for a meal and then to some pubs. I did say I wasn't going to drink much. However I ended up roaring drunk (oops). I got in at 3.30am and after 3.5 hours sleep managed to get up and get through my 10 hour work shift and get everything I needed to done (go me!) I had a really good time and don't drink often so am not going to feel bad. Have to say I have no idea how I had the energy to stay out that late.

I am running a half marathon next Sunday so am going to be getting plenty of quiet time and after going to spinning tomorrow morning will only exercise lightly until the big day. I have absolutely no idea what sort of time I will get what with getting ill having affected my training. I am not worried as long as I'm not last! I kind of wish I had done loads of training so I could get a better time, but regrets are pointless and I wasn't well enough to train fully. Getting a better time is for another half marathon, if I do get a better time than last year this time then that's a bonus.

No comments:

Post a Comment