Saturday 13 March 2010

Thoughts the day before the half marathon

This time tomorrow I will be running the Adidas Silverstone half marathon! It is due to start at 12noon.

I am currently experiencing mixed feelings. Excited and determined and nervous. I am hoping it won't rain, nor be too hot.

I have got a hat to wear this year which will be good if it rains as should shield the lenses on my glasses from it and also be good to protect my scalp etc if it is sunny. I am going to wear suncream this year after getting sunburnt last year.

I am going to be wearing a lot of pink so it seems, I have without planning to ended up with a matching outfit. I feel good in it so fingers crossed I will stay comfy.

I really, really want to get a better time this year. I would like to shed 10-20minutes but I don't know that that is very realistic with everything that has been going on in my life lately and distracting me from training. My time last year was 2 hours 52 minutes 56 seconds. I am definitely aiming for under 3 hours again. I just have no idea. I think I will be disappointed if I don't do better than last year.

I don't know whether having done one before and knowing I can do it will help. I hit the wall around mile 2 last year and was completely freaking out, wondered who I was kidding etc etc wanted to quit but somehow I got through it and ran/walked the 11ish more miles and completed it. I am expecting I may hit the wall this year and be thinking yes I've done one before but I haven't done enough training this year cos I was ill and have I done more or less training I don't know etc etc etc. Hopefully if I expect it when it happens I will be able to deal with it ok. Although it'll still be a bad moment I'm sure.

If I can put the determination and sheer ROAR I am feeling inside of me right now into my running then I will hopefully beat last years time. I think there is no way to know how it will go until the day and the moment. I will feel so pleased with myself if I beat last years time. Truth be told I would love to get 20minutes off my time but I know that may not be realistic. However anything is possible and I am going to give it my all, self motivation YOU CAN DO IT.

If nothing else running a half marathon burns a good few calories and I get a Tshirt and medal when I finish :-) See you guys on the other side.

No comments:

Post a Comment