Sunday 25 April 2010

Marathon thoughts

Today was/is the London Marathon. The one I would have ran had I not been ill. The one next year is rumoured to be on the 17April. Given that I deferred so have a definite place I have less than a year to go. Watching it on TV I was in awe, and also kind of like how can somebody run for that long!
I feel excited for running next year. 51 weeks to go which means I need to add a mile every 2 weeks or so as I am going back down to 1 mile to get really good at it. I know I won't end up training perfectly every week. Advice is you need to be able to comfortably run 15 miles a month before. At the moment I am struggling with running small distances. I have done loads of exercise over the last couple of weeks. I think for the time being I will continue with spinning classes, bike rides, general gymming and treadmill running to work on my general fitness and start to build up my running. Nearer the time I will focus more on running but if I just do running at the moment I can see myself getting bored of the training. With how much I am loving spinning classes I should definitely keep them up.

Over the last few days I have not been eating so well. I need to rein that in. Next Sunday I am going to a barbecue so my plan is when I want to eat more than I ought to during the week to remind myself that I can eat what I like on Sunday if I stick to healthy eating during the week.

My holiday is just under 5 weeks away so I must stick on the straight and narrow.

Back to the marathon, I am interested to see how my body will change in this 51 weeks. How it will become stronger (I hope) and smaller (I hope). I really hope I do not get ill this time around or injured. I think I will measure my waist and take my weight first thing in the morning sometime soon and record it and then check again just before the marathon. It will be interesting to see what can be done. I am so looking forward to the challenge. By starting training now it should be easier as the distance increases will be more gradual.

It's just me and you now body, we can do it, a bit of determination will go a long way.

Congratulations to those that took part in the London Marathon today and for those who wish to enter the ballot opens on 4th May.

No comments:

Post a Comment