1. What did you do in 2009 that you’d never done before?
Ran a half marathon, drove in snowy conditions, graduated from university
2. Did you keep your new years’ resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
If I remember rightly they were aims and were run a half marathon and graduate from university both of which I completed.
Next year my aims are to cut down on swearing and run the London Marathon
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
My friend Naomi had a baby girl
4. Did anyone close to you die?
5. What countries did you visit?
Wales. (and England where I live)
6. What would you like to have in 2010 that you lacked in 2009?
7. What date from 2009 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
14th May, the day I finished university
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Running a half marathon, getting my job, finishing uni
9. What was your biggest failure?
I didn't exercise very much for a few months after the half marathon
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Yes my mystery illness!
11. What was the best thing you bought?
I bought hardly anything! Perhaps the hire of my robes for graduation, I felt so special wearing them :-)
12. Whose behaviour merited celebration?
Friends and weird as it is my doctor for being so nice about my throat and very helpful as I have found doctors in the past to be dismissive about health problems.
13. Whose behaviour made you appalled and depressed?
Probably someone at some point but right now I'm so happy I couldn't care less!
14. Where did most of your money go?
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Getting into the London Marathon for next year, my birthday party, the half marathon and right now Christmas
16. What song will always remind you of 2009?
The sunscreen song, we used to listen to it when we were doing our uni work to motivate us.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
i. happier or sadder? Happier, I've been so much happier this year, I am a much more chilled out person
ii. thinner or fatter? thinner I think
iii. richer or poorer? Richer, yay for a job!
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Going out and having fun (this is a repeat of last year, note to self get a life!!!)
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
20. How will you be spending Christmas?
At home with my family :-)
22. Did you fall in love in 2009?
23. How many one-night stands?
24. What was your favourite TV programme?
I watched hardly any TV, although I watched quite a lot of family guy as its on when I get in from work
25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
I don't do hate, it's not worth it, and right now I can't think of anyone who's peed me off!
26. What was the best book you read?
The other hand I think it's called, I can't remember who it's by either!
27. What was your greatest musical discovery?
28. What did you want and get?
My first ever medal! (and 2nd)
30. What was your favourite film of this year?
Die Hard 4!
31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I was 21 and I took a 3 hour biochemistry and clinical nutrition exam! Then all my course mates came round to our flat after the exam for lunch and drinkies before we had a quiet rest of the day due to still having exams left.
32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Chilling out a bit more and socialising more when I was at uni.
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2008?
Comfy and nice
34. What kept you sane?
My lovely friends and family
35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
36. What political issue stirred you the most?
37. Who did you miss?
38. Who was the best new person you met?
There is one person in particular who I get on really well with but no names mentioned cos wouldn't want to embarass them
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2009:
Don't worry be happy, Live and learn
40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:
Life is a rollercoaster just gotta ride it!
I have one more shift at work and then I will be finished for Christmas, yippee. I have lots to get done at work tomorrow but I am so excited about Christmas so will be in a very good mood :-)
After work I will come home and then we do family stuff Christmas Eve and Christmas Day and Boxing Day are usually spent with the family too, I can't wait.
Have a fab one all xxx