Saturday 26 September 2009

I made soup!

I made soup yesterday, I had some uncooked vegetables left over so I made soup with those, I also threw in some roasted veg that was left over. I then discovered that the blender was broken! I put it in the food processer which didn't work as well as the blender does so my soup is a bit lumpy but only tiny pieces. I didnt eat it yesterday, it's in the fridge at the moment and I think I will freeze it to have later on in the week so that I can mayb get away with going food shopping less. I did have a tiny taste of the soup and it was delish!

I am now in sole charge of the dog for the next week so I will be getting a lot of walking done. Hopefully this will kickstart my weight loss a bit more. I do enjoy walking the dog.

I have work later on this afternoon but only for a few hours, then I have a couple of friends coming over for dinner. I am making fajitas because they are yummy and pretty healthy. The ones I make are pretty healthy as I don't add cheese or sour cream like you can do. Then we are having toffee pavlova for dessert! Naughty I know but as desserts go meringue isn't very calorific. There's about 250something calories per quarter, there will be 3 of us so that leaves me with a slice to have tomorrow. It is the weekend lets not forget and I reckon tomorrow if I know I have pavlova for my treat in the evening I can be good the rest of the day. I do have work tomorrow so will be up early to walk the dog beforehand and will take a healthy lunch (in fact I might take some of the soup). I have found myself including more treats again towards the end of this week. But I am aware of it and keen to get back on the straight and narrow. I think it is fine to have dessert some days and in fact a treat each day, as long as it's not several very large treats every day and no exercise.

One tip I will share that I do sometimes is to walk up and down the stairs when you are waiting for something, for example I walked up and down them a few times while I waited for my computer to load up, also waiting for the kettle to boil is a good time, even during the ad break when watching tv. It won't burn thousands of calories a time or anything but it all adds up. Over days and months it will make a difference. Also as it's getting to a chillier time of year it can give you a nice boost of warmth.

No comments:

Post a Comment