Sunday 14 February 2010

10 weeks to size 10?

I have a plan, today is my last day of rest and getting better (well last day off to do so, I hope to continue to get better after today) Tomorrow is back to work and back to training.

As of today it is 10 weeks until the London Marathon, 4 weeks until the half marathon and 2 weeks until the 3 hour aerobathon I am taking part in. This week I fitted into a pair of jeans that have been too small for the last 2 years. Not just fitted but managed to wear them all day. They are a UK size 12. I could do with being a tiny bit slimmer to fit them nicely. Anyway I digress, Yesterday I got my old size 10 haven't fitted for 3ish years jeans out just to prove that they were stupidly small and would never fit again. I looked at them, I held them up against myself. Hmm, maybe they aren't impossibly small. This morning I was thinking, 10 weeks til the marathon, 10 weeks is a long time, long enough to get into the size 10s? I hope so. You are now reading about a girl on a mission to be a size 10 by the time of the marathon. I have no idea how many pounds I need to lose to get to that size but I know that it is doable in the time I have and I will still be able to lose sensibly. No crash dieting.

The fact I will be doing a lot of training is what makes me confident. I want to be healthy, I want to be confident in my body whatever I wear not just in 'some outfits'.

I also measured my waist today, since the 1st of January I have lost 3.5 inches. Over the last couple of weeks I have been much more in control of my eating. If I continue with that level of control then size ten should be doable. 10 weeks is a long time but it also isn't. I am hoping that now I have such a goal and have made it public then I will be accountable. Please willpower stay with me!

In other news my mouth/throat has healed up a lot more, energy is still low but getting there. I'm looking forward to going back to work tomorrow and getting back to normality.

Happy Valentine's Day everyone and have a great week x

No comments:

Post a Comment