Tuesday 2 February 2010

A strange new me...

I kicked butt today with my exercise, I walked the dog in the rain this morning.

I went to the gym this afternoon and I ran at a faster speed than I used to, I ran at this faster speed without stopping for longer than I run at my normal speed without stopping. I came home and decided to run up and down the stairs 5 times just for the fun of it! Then later on I ran up and down another 5 times because I was cold and figured I may as well warm myself up and burn some calories. Now I know there are other ways to warm up and burn calories but well I'm single at the moment ;-) so running it is!

I haven't done too badly with eating today either. I am also much more restrained at work, haven't been raiding the biscuit tin and am barely ever buying things from the vending machine.

I am feeling really determined right now to get on with my running training and to really push myself. I am aiming to finish the marathon in under 7 hours. This may sound ridiculously long, that allows 15 minutes per mile and an extra half an hour ish for what ever reason. That will still be a challenge for me. I will be walk/running it. So my training's aim is to get me to be able to run as much of it as possible. When I did the half marathon towards the end I was so tired I was counting my paces and running 200 walking 100 etc. I know this is the way I will get through the marathon walk/running, whether it is walk a mile run 2 or what I do not know. I have never been someone who is good at sport or who is particularly fit. Running is a challenge to me whether I am running a mile or 26.2 of the bloomin things! I crave the challenge and can't wait to knock this marathon dead in my own slow and steady way. I will feel mentally AWESOME as I cross that finish line (and probably rather emotional too). I can't wait for the hugs with my family and friends the first time I see them after the marathon. I hope they will be super PROUD of me. Little old me the one who always made excuses not to take part in school PE lessons.

11 weeks and 5 days to go... :-) 11 weeks and 5 days to kick butt and make mine smaller! woohoo!

Could you tell I'm in a good mood?!
Love

3 comments:

  1. Go, you - that's awesome! Doesn't it feel GREAT to have all that energy and realize that, not only can you do it, but you enjoy it, too? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's excellent! Keep going :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the comments I really can't wait to kick this marathon's butt, although it may well be the marathon kicking mine!

    ReplyDelete