Wednesday 11 November 2009

Musings on life

I'm not sure how I am doing on the healthy thing.

I am starting to get a little nervous about the marathon, I have a minor ankle injury at the moment but tonight it has suddenly got more painful. So I am torn, I feel like I must exercise and work on my fitness levels as I haven't really made much progress so far. I also feel like if I make my ankle worse then it won't be beneficial. I guess I'll have to see how it is in the morning, I figure I may continue going running on it and then if in a weeks time it is still bad I should probably rest if for a few days. I just need to feel like I am doing something to make progress with the fitness/training. I am considering tomorrow or Friday may be better, going somewhere else for my run which is a flatter place and doing some intervals for a longer period of time rather than a short run with a bit of walking. I just want to make progress!

I was reading a blog earlier and was in awe of the blogger and thought I wish that could be me able to run that far etc etc, but then I thought about it and realised that can be me with enough training, it was really inspiring :-)

Eating healthily seems to be swings and roundabouts really, some days this week I have done really well, others not so well. It is again a case of being busy a lot, I'm at the stage now of needing to go shopping due to lack of healthy foods to take to work. I'm in a motivated mood right now so things should improve.

Tomorrow I have the day off which is great as at one point I was going to be working 6 days this week as I am covering on Sunday and then we realised I could have tomorrow off as there would be someone else in. One of the benefits of this new job is that I will be doing full time hours but only working 5 days a week, with the occassional extra days overtime. whereas before i often worked day after day with no days off but not necessarily many hours each day.

Plan is run either tomorrow or Friday, right now Friday seems more sensible, gives my ankle an extra rest and means I can sneak a bit more of a lie in tomorrow. Then my friend is coming over for coffee late morning before she starts work in the afternoon. Once she has left I will probably have a relaxing rest of the day, maybe pop on a girly dvd (mamma mia or sex and the city probably) or go food shopping. I realise now I have time for both as I have the whole day off so I have after 3.30pm free too! duh! I am so used to squeezing in all my days activities before work that I forgot I could do both those things! Yay for days off. If I do go food shopping I will get the ingredients to make pistachio muffins out of my new recipe book and I will make sure I ration them!

Have a great week all x

2 comments:

  1. You CAN do it!! Seriously...if I can become a runner and live a healthier lifestyle, so can you!!! Good luck and let me know if you need any help, running tips, motivation, etc!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you :-) Its great to have support and to read of someone elses experiences.

    ReplyDelete