Sunday 8 November 2009

Remember, Remember the 5th of November gunpowder, treason and plot, I see no reason why gunpowder treason should ever be forgot!

Wow that was a long title for a blog post huh?

Thursday was bonfire/Guy Fawkes night. Every year in my town the local rotary club hosts a fireworks display and bonfire the Saturday night closest to bonfire night. Which was last night. We went to the display as a family. I wasn't going to go and then changed my mind at the last minute. I'm so glad I did. It was foot stompingly cold, the weather seemed to really change yesterday and it has become more wintry. It has been unusally warm so far this autumn. It was kinda nice to feel the chill last night. Once the bonfire was lit we could feel the warmth. The 'Guy' on top didn't have a head or feet or anything but was a general body shape. From my childhood I never remember there being a Guy on top but I'm sure there must have been.

The fireworks were delayed slightly but once they began they were definitely worth the wait wow! Once they finished we walked home and I was so glad to be inside, my toes were painfully cold so I put an extra pair of socks on. We then had chilli and jacket potatoes for dinner as well as hot dogs. It was yummy and just what we needed after 2 hoursish out in the cold.

I will definitely be going again next year!

I also went to the cinema with some friends yesterday and watched 9 I really enjoyed it although I thought it was a touch scary and pretty dark to be rated a 12a.

In terms of the healthy you challenge I currently have an ankle injury so exercise is pretty much non-existant which is annoying! I'm starting to get a little nervous about marathon training so could really do with a few good runs this week to reassure me. I think I will try to go for a run tomorrow and see how my ankle does.

I have work later on so am not up to much before then. This week I am working 6 days so will probably not get up to much outside of work.

Finally today is Remembrance Sunday a day when we remember those lost at war, I have thought about them today and hope that many others do to.

No comments:

Post a Comment