Wednesday 28 October 2009

A busy bee

So, I am a busy bee at the moment, hence the lack of posts.

Normally when I am working a late shift I come online before work at least once or twice a week. So far this week however on Monday I walked into town and then came home and did some baking and yesterday I met a friend and her boyfriend for lunch and by the time I got back had just enough time to get my stuff together and make something to take for my dinner before leaving to walk to work.

This last week has been good because
  • I had an assessment day and interview and have got a promotion yippee! I'm really looking forward to starting that.
  • Also I have gotten some more exercise in, once my sinuses were more normal like and I could breathe better I went for a run. I went on Friday and did the same route I did the time before but managed to run more of it. Then on Sunday I was going to go for a run and my dog was a bit hyper so I thought I would walk him to the fields, let him off the lead and then run with him round there. It was good fun and I ran for quite a bit.
  • I have been walking to work a lot and here there and everywhere getting chores done.
  • I baked cranberry bran buns on Monday, they are a nice treat and also pretty healthy as treats go. The recipe is my mums and calls for mixed dried fruit which I am not keen on so I thought hmm you know what cranberries could be nice and I was right! Yummy.

    My car is getting some welding done today and another MOT which means that once it is back I am legally allowed to drive it on the roads again. It will still need some other work done but it will not cost anywhere near as much as originally thought. I am very pleased as not being able to drive has taken away a degree of independance from me. Silly as it sounds I'm thinking I hope I can remember how to drive lol! I'm sure I can and am itching to go for a spin. I do still want a new car within the next several months but getting my car back on the road will be a great help while I look. Not being able to use it has really made me appreciate my current car, think I've fallen back in love with it!!

    Other news to report hmmm, today I have the day off, I haven't really got up to much, I had to pop to the pharmacy earlier and then I tried to walk the dog, he got frightened by a noise though and turned around to go home and wouldn't be persuaded to carry on the walk. So that was rather short lived. It's kinda odd having the day off because over the last few weeks I have worked pretty much every day and on days off done other stuff to help people out. Tomorrow I am working the early and then Friday I am working only for a few hours in the evening. On Friday morning I will go for a run. Saturday I have the day off and in the evening it is my cousin's engagement party, I'm not sure what to wear yet but I am looking forward to it, I haven't been out/to a party for ages, will be great to let my hair down.

    I seem to have been doing ok with my eating lately, I have taken salads to work the past 2 days and I must say they were rather tasty, also my snacking after work has calmed down. The problem wasn't the time I was eating as its the calories not when you eat that matters but the fact that I would eat several things mostly out of boredom/habit I think.

    Two positives for my healthy future are that I will now be working 5 (not more) days a week and having my car back will mean I can pop to the supermarket and buy myself some healthy foods to either take to work or have for my lunch before work if I'm on the late.

    Planning is the key.

    Have a good week everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment